Lemmo Law - NYC Manhattan Personal Injury Attorney
Lemmo Law /Edward Lemmo Esq. is an experienced NYC personal injury attorney . Ed Lemmo represents injured victims in car crashes, pedestrian accidents, bus and truck accidents, slip /trip and fall accidents on broken or defective NYC sidewalks and medical errors resulting in permanent injuries or death. Ed Lemmo Law is your personal injury attorney in all areas of Manhattan, Upper West side, Washington Heights, Harlem ,Bronx, Brooklyn and all boroughs of NYC . I can help you achieve justice after your accident and injuries. I am available 24/7 to provide representation and assist you in determining if you have a case. Call for a free consultation if you need legal representation for an auto - related accident, related personal injury case, slip / trip and fall accident, construction accident or other accident, or medical errors including failure to diagnose and treat or misdiagnosis of medical conditions.
When you hire Lemmo Law you will get :
- A No fee guarantee - if I don't win your case you don't owe me a fee
- 24/7 Service
- Will come to your home or hospital
Lemmo Law- Proven Results , Trial Experience and Compassion are keys when you are looking for the right personal injury lawyer !
Some of my prior verdicts and settlements include:
- A trial verdict in the amount of $1,400,000 ( One Million Four Hundred thousand dollars ) in favor of a taxi driver who was involved in a head on collision , and suffered multiple herniated discs in his back and a ligament tear of his non dominate hand.
- A trial verdict in the amount of $750,000 Seven Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars in favor of a female passenger in an Atlantic City Bus , whose bus was rear ended by another bus off the New Jersey Turnpike . At trial, the bus company lawyers tried to blame the woman passenger's injuries on her weight , and ignored the client's positive signs of a herniated disc, and right shoulder injury. At the time of this verdict it was one of the highest non surgical herniated disc verdicts in New York State.
- A multi million dollar settlement during trial of a teenage boy who was mistreated and misdiagnosed , despite having signs and symptoms of lupus, an autoimmune disease that became systemic causing him life threatening injuries.
- A multi million dollar settlement following mediation proceeding on behalf of young child of a mother who was misdiagnosed with gastric reflux disease, whose symptoms over the years demonstrated she had gastric cancer, and ultimately died leaving a 2 year old child to be cared for by her surviving aunt.
- A $700,000 dollar settlement in favor of a woman who was in a deli and fell through an open basement floor door , sustaining a fractured tibia and fibula which required multiple surgeries and internal fixation.
- ;A trial verdict of $750,000 in favor of a family of a deceased father and husband, whose treating surgeon failed to recognize that the chemotherapy ordered for his bone cancer was going into the lining of his lung instead of his port, causing a massive pleural effusion.
- A trial verdict of $1,001,500 on behalf of a 40 year old self employed taxi driver, whose vehicle stalled in the middle of an intersection after stopping at a stop sign. The plaintiff sustained a herniated disc of the lumbar spine at the level L4- L5 , confirmed by a CAT scan and objective tests showing nerve impingement and sciatica .
- A trial verdict of $1,000,000 One Million Dollars for teenager pedestrian who was struck by a private bus while crossing a street , where the walk light changed to flashing stop seconds before the impact and the bus driver claimed he could not stop despite his bus having air brakes.
- A verdict in the amount of $ 227,783 in favor of a motorcyclist hit by car sustained a hernia and herniated disc. Reported in Verdict Search's TOP NY Verdicts of 2010.
- A multi million dollar settlement on behalf of a family of a newborn child who was not treated properly with prompt antibiotics in the hospital , and developed an infection leading to sepsis and massive brain damage of the infant.
Types Of Accident And Injury Cases Handled By Lemmo Law - NYC Personal Injury Attorney
- Car accidents and pedestrian accidents causing fractures
- Rear end collisions causing serious injuries
- Intersection accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Car accidents causing shoulder tears
- Car accidents causing knee injury
- Car accidents causing surgery
- Car accidents causing herniated discs
- Car accidents and trip and fall accidents causing scarring to body and face
- Slip and fall accidents on ice and snow ( untreated )
- Slip and fall accidents on icy sidewalks
- Slip and fall accidents on mats not properly placed in lobby of buildings
- slip and fall accidents in store where they negligently mopped
- Slip and fall accidents in stores on water where no caution signs placed in aisle
- Slip or trip and fall accidents in lobby of buildings where no mats placed
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents hitting cars , while changing lanes
- Medical Malpractice hospital errors: Failure to diagnose cancer, appendicitis cancer, brain injury
- Accidents causing brain injury
J.D., Syracuse University School of Law
B.A., Manhattan College, magna cum laude,
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York, 1984 U.S. District Court, Eastern & Southern Districts of New York
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
New York State Trial Lawyers Association
New York State Bar Association
Ratings & Awards
Verdict Search's Top NY Verdicts of 2010
- Top Verdict: Motor Vehicle Accident Category 2011
- Avvo Rating 7.9 Very Good
To start your conversation with Edward Lemmo Esq. of Lemmo Law , pick up the phone and call . We are available to answer your calls 24/7. The consultation is free and there is no fee unless I win or settle your case.
Phone (646) 522-9082
email : [email protected]
See reviews on my website Lemmo Law.
See my reviews on linkedin.
The information you obtain at this site is not , nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation . We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney- client relationship . Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney client relationship has been established. Prior outcomes do not guarantee future results.
Lemmo Law / NYC Personal Injury Attorney is here for you !
Helpful Tips for you to Do following a Car Crash
Here are some tips you should do after a car accident:
- Call 911
New York law requires that you remain at the scene if you are involved in a car accident. You should call the police or 911 and inform them if there are injuries involved . Don't leave the scene of the accident before the police arrive arrive to investigate.
- Exchange information with the other driver or obtain information if you are a pedestrian
You are also required by the law to provide personal information to an investigating officer. You should give your:
- Driver's license information
- Vehicle registration
- License plate number
- Insurance information
- File a car accident report ( also known as an MV-104)
All drivers involved in the crash are required by the law tofile an accident report within 10 days if there was injury, fatalities, and property damage over $1,000. You must fill out the form and send to the Department of Motor Vehicles. You need to send the form to:
Crash Records Center
6 Empire State Plaza
PO Box 2925
Albany, NY 12220-0925
You could be charged with a misdemeanor if you fail to file this report. Worse, your driver's license or registration could be suspended.
Also, you should obtain copies of the other driver's and the investigating officer's accident reports.Submityour petition online or by mail with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Take photos of the scene and damage to the vehicles involved if you are able
Before evidence is lost or destroyed, you must secure all of them as much as you can while you're still at the scene.
- Photos and video of the scene, which includes the injuries suffered, damage to vehicles, and the conditions of the scene of the accident
- Surveillance video footage from nearby commercial buildings
- Statements from witnesses and their contact information
- Seek medical attention right away
You should not refuse medical treatment from emergency services dispatched to the scene. If the emergency services team did not transport you to the hospital for treatment, you should still visit your doctor as soon as possible to get a thorough evaluation of your injuries. Your delay or a gap in treatment may affect your ability to recover money damages. A good defense attorney will argue you were not seriously injured because you failed to go to the emergency room or doctor immediately following an accident.
- Report the accident to your automobile insurance company
- File a No Fault application with your insurance company if you are a driver or with the other cars insurance company if you are a passenger or pedestrian within (30) thirty days to get your medical bills and lost earnings paid
- Call and retain a reputable experienced trial lawyer. Call Ed Lemmo Esq. of Lemmo Law
- Conveniently located on Upper West Side Manhattan