Manhattan Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer – Ed Lemmo Law
The Manhattan New York City personal injury law firm of Ed Lemmo Law is knowledgeable and experienced in handling traumatic brain injury cases of injured motorists, pedestrians , bicyclists, workers, and individuals who have suffered head trauma from a fall, automobile or bike accident , or injury as a construction worker.
WHAT IS A TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY ?
A traumatic brain injury or TBI has been defined as any trauma to the head which disrupts the normal functioning of the brain. A TBI can be rated as mild, moderate or severe. In a closed head or brain injury, there is no break in the skull and the brain is jarred against the sides of the skull, shearing (or tearing) the internal lining, nerves, tissues, and blood vessels, causing bleeding, bruising, or swelling. Brain trauma is usually the result of a direct blow to the head.
TBI is considered moderate-to-severe if there is a loss of consciousness that is longer than 30 minutes and amnesia – memory loss – lasts for more than 24 hours.
To diagnose a TBI or traumatic brain injury sometimes you must be seen by an experienced :
- Neurologist who performs neurological examinations, which may include a scoring system called the Glasgow Coma Scale. This scale helps determine the severity of a brain injury. Every brain injury is different, but in general, high scores mean milder injuries.
- Cognitive evaluations by a neuropsychologist with formal neuropsychological testing
- Evaluations by physical and occupational therapists
You need an experienced personal injury lawyer if you or a family member suffered a traumatic brain injury
The NYC personal injury lawyer, Ed Lemmo Law has the experience, know how and recourses to assist you in obtaining just compensation as a result of an accident causing a TBI. I have represented clients in the past who have suffered partial paralysis in motor vehicles accidents , falling ceilings , and falls , and brain injury from medical malpractice .
The NYC Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney- Ed Lemmo Law will assist you or your loved one and provide compassionate representation to strive to achieve a just settlement or verdict. If you believe that you or a love one suffered a traumatic brain injury due to an accident please contact me as soon as possible to discuss your case.
Call us today @ 646-522-9082. The call is free and we will only charge you if we win or recover money from a settlement or verdict on your case.
Hospitals and Medical Centers in NYC and surrounding NYC Metropolitan area that specialize in Traumatic Brain Injury are:
- NYC Traumatic Brain Injury Center
Psychoneurological specialized clinic
Brooklyn, NY · In Medical Arts Building · (718) 454-2222
- Traumatic Brain Injury Center - NYC Health + Hospitals
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation | Mount Sinai - New York
Mount Sinai Website Rehab Services
- Brain Injury & Concussion Rehabilitation | NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Health Website Rusk Rehabilitation
- Traumatic Brain Injury - AHRC New York City
AHR New York City Website Adult Day Services
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation New York - TBI Rehab near me
Burke TBI Rehab Website Inpatient Programs
Located in White Plains, New York, Burke Rehabilitation Hospital's Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program attracts brain-injury patients from Westchester County.